Oxon Cross-Country League – 4th Nov
Looking forward to getting muddy?
Our first OCCL fixture is Newbury Showground on Sunday 4th November, so you’ve got the opportunity to run and get muddy with us at the cross-country (XC).
Both our seniors teams were promoted last year. However, a (probable) record turnout and a fantastic team effort meant our women’s team dominated Div. 3, and delivered an impressive 2nd place in the league out of thirty-eight Oxfordshire teams! How do we build on this? Have the men’s team been inspired?
We’re looking forward to the first fixture on the 4th November at Newbury Showground. It’s nearby, a relatively flat course, and a gentle introduction to the season.
- 9.55am. Under 9 Girls & Boys race. approx 1200m
- 10.00am. U11 Girls – approx 1500m
- 10.10am. U11 Boys – approx 1500m
- 10.20am. U13 Girls – approx 2500m
- 10.30am. U13 Boys – approx 2500m
- 10.45am. U15/17 Girls – approx 3500m
- 11.00am. U15/17 Boys – approx 4800m
- 11.20am. Men – approx 8500m
- 12.00. Women – approx 6500m
The OCCL are the 1st Sunday of the month through the Autumn/Winter.
- Sun 4th Nov. Newbury Showground
- Sun 2nd Dec. Cirencester
- Sun 6th Jan. Horspath, Oxford
- Sun 3rd Feb. Adderbury
- Sun 3rd Mar. Henley
- Please inform Simon Leech . We will assume consent, if we don’t hear otherwise.
- Mark your number with a large red cross so you can be easily identified.
We can enter as many runners as wish in each race category. In the Women’s and Junior races categories the first 3 Harriers across the finish line score as the ‘A’ team. The next 3 Harriers become the ‘B’ team. In the Men’s race it’s the same principle with the first 7 Harriers across the line scoring as the ‘A’ team, etc.
We’d encourage any Harriers who’d like to give it a go. The more the merrier!
If you’re interested in giving it a go or have any questions, please contact XC Manager, Simon Leech. email@example.com