Welcome to the Multi-Terrain Club Championship. The objective is to promote trails and multi-terrain running by finding the best races within reach and encouraging other Harriers there to ensure it’s fun as well as competitive.
To enter the 2023 competition runners need to complete 5 or more races. The races are listed below:
28th January: Grove Fields parkrun – 5km
26th February: The Terminator (Pewsey – approx. 10 miles)
March: Virtual challenge – 8 miles
23th April: Ibstone Circle – 10km
29th April: Chieveley Chase – 10km
14th May: Ramsbury 5 – 5 miles
11th June: Chiltern Chase (Ewelme) – 10k Cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances
13th July: The White Horse Harriers summer handicap (Sparsholt Firs) – 5.5 miles
30th July: The Uffington White Horse Gallop (Sparsholt Firs) – half marathon
August: WHH virtual multi terrain challenge – 8 miles
10th September: Chedworth Roman Trail – 10 miles
17th September: Longworth 10k
15th October: Frieth Hilly – 10km
19th November: Wendover Woods Autumn Festival of Running (half marathon)
2nd December: Maverick Exposure Light Dark Oxfordshire middle (Stonor Park) – 11km
If you have any questions on the club Multi-Terrain Championship, please contact Clare Hazell.
Each Harrier’s best 5 results will count towards the club championship.
The rules determining the outcome in the event of a tie between competitors are as follows:
1) In the event of a tie between two or more Harriers, the winner will be determined by the points totals earned in direct competition between the athletes concerned.
2) If a race included in the club multi-terrain championships is cancelled, the multi-terrain secretary may choose to find a suitable replacement race if practical.
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Champion Man (under 40)
- Runner-Up Man (under 40)
- Champion Woman (under 35)
- Runner-Up Woman (under 35)
- Veteran Man (40 and over)
- Runner-Up Veteran Man (40 and over)
- Veteran Woman (35 and over)
- Runner-Up Veteran Woman (35 and over)
- Most races entered
London Marathon place/s:
White Horse Harriers AC are allocated a place/s in the London Marathon. All Harriers that complete 5 races in the championship can be entered into a draw for the place/s allocated if they wish. To be entered into the draw, runners also need to volunteer/support the club in some way during the course of the year and not already be eligible for a good-for-age entry place into the marathon.
Multi -Terrain Championship Results
- The season was not completed in 2021
- Final results for 2020
- Final Results for 2019.
- Results for 2020 up to end February.