Oxfordshire have an Indoor Sportshall League that aims to keep the juniors focused and competitive while having fun through the winter.
The indoor league has five fixtures across Oxfordshire Leisure Centres, providing competition for the Under 11’s through to the Under 15s. Events include running, jumps and throws.
We will be encouraging all the juniors to compete this season, and will include regular Sportshall coaching in our training. If you have any queries regarding Sportshall Athletics please talk to the coaches or contact:
- Pippa Mack. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Leech. email@example.com
- Match 1 – Sunday 24th Oct. Bicester Sports Centre
- Match 2 – Sunday 21st Nov. Kidlington Leisure Centre
- Match 3 – Sunday 16th Jan. Wantage. King Alfred’s Academy West Site.
- Match 4 – Sunday 20th Feb. Witney Windrush Leisure Centre
- Match 5 – Sunday 13th Mar. Bicester Leisure Centre
Sportshall competition includes:
- Obstacle relay
- 1, 2 & 3, 4 & 6 lap race
- Speed bounce (see piccy bottom right)
- Vertical jump
- Long jump
- Triple jump (U13 & U15)
- Chest push (U11)
- Indoor javelin (U11)
- Shot (U13 & U15)
- Relay & Paarlauf
Please plan to arrive by 1.15pm and it finishes around 5.00pm.
The events can be noisy with limited viewing. Particularly in light of Covid safety, we’d recommend lift sharing with other parents or alternatively drop the juniors off with their friends and collect at the end.
For parents keen to stay, we’d welcome a couple of parent/helpers to help with supervising the team during the competition.