Welcome to the club’s Road Race pages, each year we select a number of local road races for the club championship. The objective is to promote road racing by getting more people trying local races, enjoying them and getting as many of the club to them as possible. We have therefore selected a mixture of runs from 5k Park Runs through to your own choice of Half Marathon and Marathon. There are also local races series, like Mota-vation. Feedback on selection of races is welcome.
Everyone who completes 7* races is entered into the Club road race competition, and is entered into a draw for the club marathon place(s). *Subject to COVID restrictions this year in our virtual league.
You can find the details of this year’s club Road Race Championship below.
If you have any questions on the club Road Race Championship please contact Jonathan Gibbard, the Road Race Secretary.
The 2021 club road race championship opens in February with a wide selection of races. This year includes an undefined number of virtual and hopefully physical races. Each Harriers best 7* results will count towards the final club championship.
- 30 min time trial – your own route, ideally flat, ~ mid to end of feb
- Hanney 5 – the H5 route – March
- 10k – 5 out, 5 back – March
- April – 4 mile (not aged graded as per Oxon challenge)
- April – WHH half marathon route
- May – Oxon virtual league race downhill challenge
- May – Virtual 7m route
- June – Oxon virtual league race, 5m challenge
- July – cumulative time of 0.5km, 1km and 1 mile
- August – Headington 5
- October – Hanney 5
- Hopefully some real races later in the year! Or more virtual races TBD
- A real HM of your choice
- A real Marathon of your choice
Counting as two of the races is the option for each Harrier to include one marathon event and one half marathon of their choice – if real races run from a real event, if not from a run of their own. The points awarded to competitors will be based upon their best performance (if a competitor should decide to compete in more than one marathon) at the end of the club championship season – 30th November 2021.
The rules determining the outcome in the event of a tie between competitors are as follows:
1) In the event of a tie between two or more Harriers, the winner will be determined by the points totals earned in direct competition between the athletes concerned.
2) If a race included in the club road race championships is cancelled, the road race secretary may choose to find a suitable replacement race if practical.
As there 2021 Championship includes virtual and hopefully real events of which 7* count, there should be sufficient races to allow for the worst case scenario where a race is cancelled and is unable to be replaced.
We are competing for:
- Champion Man (under 40)
- Champion Woman (under 35)
- Veteran Man (40 and over)
- Veteran Woman (35 and over)
Awarding of Club London Marathon Places:
White Horse Harriers AC have been allocated ~1 club places in the London Marathon. All Harriers that complete the 7 required races in the championship will be entered into a draw for the place.
Please contact Jonathan Gibbard (Road Race Secretary) if you have any questions regarding Club Road Race Championships.