Welcome to the club’s Road Race pages, each year we select a number of local road races for the club championship. The objective is to promote road racing by getting more people trying local races, enjoying them and getting as many of the club to them as possible. We have therefore selected a mixture of runs from 5k Park Runs through to your own choice of Half Marathon (of course you’d choose the White Horse Half) and Marathon. There are also local races series, like Motavation. Feedback on selection of races is welcome.
Everyone who completes 8 races is entered into the Club road race competition, and is entered into a draw for the club marathon place(s).
You can find the details of this year’s club Road Race Championship through the link below.
If you have any questions on the club Road Race Championship please contact Jonathan Gibbard, the Road Race Secretary.
The 2018 club road race championship opens in March with a wide selection of races. This year includes 18 race options (plus Half and full marathon results) of which each Harriers best 8 results will count towards the final club championship standing plus 2 new club team race options Teddy Hall relay in March and County Road Relays in April. Races with an (*) against them will be awarded double points in 2018 to promote participation in the County Championships.
- Mar. Park Run 1 – Abingdon (10th Mar)
- Mar. Banbury 15 miles. (18th March)*
- Apr. White Horse Harriers half (8th April)*
- Park Run 2 – Didcot (21st April)
- Motavation 1 – 26th April – Chalrton-on-Otmoor*
- May. Chalgrove 10k (7th May)
- May. Parkrun 3 Newbury (12th May)
- Jun. CPM Thame 10k. (24th June)*
- Jul. Didcot 5. (1st July)*
- Jul. Horton Classic 6m. (21st July)*
- Aug. Hook Norton 6m (5th August)*
- Aug. Alchester Summer 5k (14th Aug)*
- Aug. Headington 5 (26th August)*
- Sep. Cotswold Classic 10m. (29th Sept)*
- Sep. Woodstock 12 (22nd Sept)*
- Oct Hanney 5 (7th Oct)*
- Oct. Abingdon Marathon 21st October*
- Nov. Eynsham 10k (25th Nov)*
- Half marathon of your choice (not WH half)
- Marathon of your choice (not Abingdon)
- 2018 club team races
- Teddy Hall relay 7th March
- County Road Relay 29th April
Calender of events (Not up to date)
Counting as two of the 20 races is the option for each Harrier to include one marathon event and one half marathon of their choice. The points awarded to competitors will be based upon their best performance (if a competitor should decide to compete in more than one marathon) at the end of the club championship season – 30th November 2018. Competing Harriers must notify the Road Race Secretary of their selected Marathon & Half-marathon in advance.
The rules determining the outcome in the event of a tie between competitors are as follows:
1) In the event of a tie between two or more Harriers, the winner will be determined by the points totals earned in direct competition between the athletes concerned.
2) If a race included in the club road race championships is cancelled, the road race secretary may choose to find a suitable replacement race if practical.
As there 2018 Championship includes 20 events of which 8 count, there should be sufficient races to allow for the worst case scenario where a race is cancelled and is unable to be replaced.
We are competing for:
- Champion Men (under 40)
- Champion Women (under 35)
- Veteran Men (over 40)
- Veteran Women (over 35)
Awarding of Club London Marathon Places:
White Horse Harriers AC have been allocated ~1 club places in the London Marathon. All Harriers that complete the 8 required races in the championship will be entered into a draw for the place.
Please contact Jonathan Gibbard (Road Race Secretary) if you have any questions regarding Club Road Race Championships.
Results 2018 (18.11.18)