Welcome to the White Horse Harriers road racing page.
Each year we select a number of local road races for our club competition. The objective is to get people trying new races, enjoying them and competing alongside fellow Harriers!
Please read on for more details.
Races take place between March and November, providing plenty of opportunities for participation. There are a variety of distances and locations, ranging from 5k park runs through to a runner’s own choice of marathon. To enter the competition runners need to complete 5 or more races.
|Banbury 15||March||19/3/23||15 miles|
|Newbury Park Run||April||15/4/23||5k|
|Didcot 5m||July||2/7/23||5 miles|
|Mota-vation 4 (Combe)||July||27/7/23||4 miles|
|Virtual – Ardington loop||August||6.55 km|
|Mota-vation 5 (Kidlington)||August||31/8/23||4 miles|
|Cotswold Classic 10m||September||2/9/23||10 miles|
|Lightening Bolt 10K – Race 5 (Chippenham)||October||29/10/23||10k|
|Any half marathon |
(except White Horse Half Marathon)
Each Harrier’s best 5 results will count towards the club championship.
Counting as two of the races is the option for each Harrier to include one marathon event and one half marathon of their choice. The points awarded to competitors will be based upon their best performance (if a competitor should decide to compete in more than one marathon) at the end of the club championship season.
The rules determining the outcome in the event of a tie between competitors are as follows:
1) In the event of a tie between two or more Harriers, the winner will be determined by the points totals earned in direct competition between the athletes concerned.
2) If a race included in the club road race championships is cancelled, the road race secretary may choose to find a suitable replacement race if practical.
Prizes will be awarded for the following:
- Champion Man (under 40)
- Runner-Up Man (under 40)
- Champion Woman (under 35)
- Runner-Up Woman (under 35)
- Veteran Man (40 and over)
- Runner-Up Veteran Man (40 and over)
- Veteran Woman (35 and over)
- Runner-Up Veteran Woman (35 and over)
- Most races entered
London Marathon place:
White Horse Harriers AC are allocated a place in the London Marathon. Runners that complete 5 races in the competition can be entered into a ballot for this place. To be entered runners also need to volunteer/support the club in some way during the course of the year and not already be eligible for a good-for-age entry place into the marathon.