Horspath Oxfordshire League & XC Championships
Horspath XC, on the Sunday 6th Jan, is both the third fixture in the OCCL League and is combined with the Oxfordshire XC Championships. We only run in a single race, but if you were born or live in Oxfordshire your result can count towards both.
Congratulations! The Horspath fixture marks half way into the cross-country season and the results are looking good. We’ve seen a fantastic turnout with 76 x Harriers compete already and our teams scoring in each of the age categories.
The teams XC results are on track:
- The men’s team were promoted to the 1st Division this season. We’re currently 8th (out of 10) and looking to climb another couple of places to secure our position in the division.
- The ladies team are on fire! Also promoted this season, our ‘A’ team are 2nd in the Division 2, and on track for promotion. A fantastic turnout of 17 Women Harriers at Cirencester mean our ‘B’ and ‘C’ teams are strong contenders in the 3rd Division.
- Our ladies team are holders of the 2017/18 Oxfordshire XC Championship. Naturally, they’re looking to retain the trophy so we’ll be cheering all our women’s team on Sunday 6th.
- 9.55am. Under 9 Girls & Boys – approx 1200m
- 10.00am. U11 Girls – approx 1500m
- 10.10am. U11 Boys – approx 1500m
- 10.20am. U13 Girls – approx 2500m
- 10.30am. U13 Boys – approx 2500m
- 10.45am. U15/U17 Girls – approx 3500m
- 11.00am. U15/17 Boys – approx 4800m
- 11.20am. Men – approx 8500m
- 12.00. Women – approx 6500m
You can find Horspath in Oxford behind the Mini factory. Details here.
Oxfordshire XC Championship
- To qualify for the Championship, you either need to live or have been born in Oxfordshire. If you don’t qualify you can still run in the race towards the League team.
- The U20’s age category is different from usual OCCL League rules. It is your age from 31st Dec 2019 (instead of the usual 1st Sept ’18).
Please remember, it’s the first three Harriers (seven for the men) to cross the finish line that make up the ‘A’ team, The next three become the ‘B’ team, etc, etc. Our team atmosphere and strong turnout have been a huge strength and helped us achieve good results through bouts of illness and holiday season, so we’d love you to come and give it a go. The more the merrier!.
I’m entering the teams based on who’s already run this season and who’s said they’d like to be included. If you’re game and like to give it a try, please email me at email@example.com