The Oxfordshire XC League season final at Henley.
Henley XC, on the Sunday 3rd March, is the final race of the OCCL League this season.
We’ve seen a fantastic turnout this season with almost 90 x Harriers having competed already and our teams scoring in each of the age categories. The teams XC results are on track:
- The men’s team were promoted to the 1st Division this season. Despite losing a few of our speedier runners to injury, we’ve had a respectable season and still achieved 8th position out of 10 clubs. The top/bottom two teams in each division get promoted/relegated each season, so we’re pushing to get a good result at Henley and avoid Woodstock and Bicester Tri sneaking past us at the at the finishing post!
- The ladies teams are on fire! A fantastic turnout and great team atmosphere mean our ‘A’ team are dominant on top of Division 2, and on track for promotion to 1st Division. Our ‘B’ team are in 3rd position and only 40 points behind Hook Norton. A good turnout at Henley could deliver promotion to the 2nd Division.
- 9.55am. Under 9 Girls & Boys – approx 1200m
- 10.00am. U11 Girls – approx 1500m
- 10.10am. U11 Boys – approx 1500m
- 10.20am. U13 Girls – approx 2500m
- 10.30am. U13 Boys – approx 2500m
- 10.45am. U15/U17 Girls – approx 3500m
- 11.00am. U15/17 Boys – approx 4800m
- 11.20am. Men – approx 8500m
- 12.00. Women – approx 6500m
The fixture is hosted at Henley Showground, RG9 3AS. Details here.
Please remember, it’s the first three Harriers (seven for the men) to cross the finish line that make up the ‘A’ team, The next three become the ‘B’ team, etc, etc. Our team atmosphere and strong turnout have been a huge strength and helped us achieve good results through bouts of illness and holiday season, so we’d love you to come and give it a go. The more the merrier!.
I’m entering the teams based on who’s already run this season and who’s said they’d like to be included. If you’re game and like to give it a try, please email me at email@example.com