I hope you’ve spotted that we’ve helped Angela, Tom and Dick restructure the coaching over the summer.
- Assistant coaches – Chris, Castel and I had a fun weekend learning about athletics coaching and qualified as EA Asst Coaches.
- Rota – We created a coaching rota so we each (Angela, Chris, Castel and I) coach one session per month.
- New Sessions – The Asst Coach plans and runs their own session, adapting from the plans they’ve learnt & seen. A coach (Either Tom or Angela) is available nearby if needed.
- Paul Wileman has picked up on Sportshall from Rachel & Hayley.
- KAs have loaned us their Sportshall equipment and we’re holding indoor training on a monthly basis.
- We fielded three teams at Oct Bicester, and set 9 new club records.
Kathryn Leech has worked with the parents, volunteers and coaches to:
- Get a bigger pool of volunteers involved
- Update the rota so parents help out once every 8 weeks
- The coaches are involving the volunteers to make it a more interesting session.
- Very positive feedback from the juniors to their parents “He loves running club” and “She’s loving Thursday sessions” are typical.
- We’ve seen the attendance increase and we’re now regularly getting 40+ junior on a Thursday evening, with youngsters often bringing their friends.
- Record attendance at Sportshall.
Sheila is looking after the ‘Beginners Group’. She’s made sure that the new or returning joggers/runners are able to build both their confidence and fitness, and as a result the group is becoming increasingly popular.
Jonathan, Chris & Ian have taken over the structured training from Paul Jegou.
- Created a training plan that runners can follow and work towards a goal
- Increased the variety by introducing agility, balance and plyometrics as well as speed and hill sessions
- Enjoying making idiots of ourselves. (I was always rubbish at hopscotch!)
- Asst Coach courses on 19th/20th Nov and the 4th/5th Feb ’17.
- Leader in Running Fitness (LiRF) 5th March ’17