A successful Cirencester XC!
Cirencester XC Fixture was hosted by WHH and Didcot. A huge thanks to Paul Jegou, Gareth, Vanessa, Alex and all the Harriers who helped to make a successful return of this fixture to the Oxfordhire XC League.
We had a strong turn out, with 24 juniors and 30 seniors competing. It was lovely to have debut runs from Kayleigh Goding, Alfie Belcher, Anja Wileman, Poppy & Matilda Richards, Matthew Jacobs, Royston Oxendale, Graham Holland. It was also fantastic to have impressive returns by Becky Hodgson and Alex Briscoe.
Congratulations to all the Harriers who competed amongst the best cross-country runners in the Oxfordshire. It was great to see the such a cheerful and sporting attitude exhibited on a challenging course.
A few highlights include:
- Stan Staunton-Lamb coming 9th in Race 3,
- Matthew Quartermain was 17th in Race 5,
- Anna Kelly 17th in Race 6,
- Rueben Paget 17th in Race 7,
- Matthew Jacobs 18th in U15 Boys.
- Lucy Rycroft was 7th lady
- Becky Hodgson was 12th lady home
- The Women’s ‘A’ team came 1st in Div.
- The Men’s ‘A’ Team were 8th (Div. 1)
A full set of results can be found on the Oxfordshire Cross-Country League website here
WHH Standings – Season to Date
- U15/U17 Boys – 9th place of 16 teams
- U15/U17 Girls – 8th of 13
- Men – 8th of 10 (Division 1)
- Women – 2nd of 9 (Division 2)
Both the WHH Women’s and Men’s teams were promoted a division this season. The top two teams get promoted at the end of the season, and the bottom two get demoted. The women are now gunning to get promoted to Div 1, and the men are looking to secure their position in the top division.
Barry Cornelius took photos on the day and can be found here.
If you put a photo somewhere public (including social media), please add the credit “Photo by Barry Cornelius”