A successful Cirencester XC!
A huge thanks to Paul Jegou, Gareth, Dick, Martin, Nick and all the Harriers & Didcot Runners who volunteered to make Cirencester one of the best fixtures in the Oxfordshire XC League.
We had a strong turn out, with 16 juniors and 26 seniors competing. It was lovely to have debut runs from Anthi and Rebecca Brown.
Congratulations to all the Harriers who competed amongst the best cross-country runners in the Oxfordshire. It was great to see the such a cheerful and sporting attitude exhibited on a challenging , muddy course.
Impressive to see the ladies ‘A’ team (Sophie Lloyd, Becky Hodgson and Lucy Rycroft) finishing 1st overall, and our ‘B’ team (Lisa O’Neill, Anna Kelly and Kerry Wilkinson) finishing 3rd in Division 2
Alex Briscoe (21st) and Matt Jobson (22nd) fought it out throughout the Men’s race and helped achieve a 7th position.
- Fabian Stoermer finished 20th in Race 1
- Kayleigh Goding placed 8th in Race 2
- Josh Wilkinson came 43rd in Race 3
- Matilda Richards placed 20th in Race 4,
- Stanley Staunton-Lamb finished 16th U13 Boys.
- Mia Claridge came 23rd in race 6
- Reuben White finished 28th in race 7
- Sophie Lloyd was 2nd lady
- Becky Hodgson was 6th lady
- Lucy Rycroft was 17th lady
- The Women’s ‘A’ team came 1st overall.
- The Men’s ‘A’ Team were 7th (Div. 1)
A full set of results can be found on the Oxfordshire Cross-Country League website here
WHH Standings – Season to Date
- Women – 1st Division 1
- Men – 8th Division 1
The Women’s success has been built on a great camaraderie and impressive turnout. They’ll be looking to maintain the great team spirit and encourage all the ladies to come and run an XC.
Thanks to a stronger turnout from the men delivered a better result, moving us up to 7th place. Looking forward to getting loads of Harriers out for Adderbury on the 5th Jan.
Barry Cornelius took photos on the day and can be found here.
If you put a photo somewhere public (including social media), please add the credit “Photo by Barry Cornelius”