Declaration: To be completed by all applicants new or renewals. Please complete one form for every active family member. I declare that:
- I am an amateur according to the UKA definition.
- I will abide by the UKA rules for competition.
- I will abide by the rules of the club and its policies (scroll down to see the text under the online form).
- I agree to participate at my own risk, and will not hold White Horse Harriers Athletics Club or its Committee Members or Volunteers to account for any injuries or damages caused whilst participating in Club activities. I will abide by the general safety notices here.
I understand that the information contained herein may be entered into a computerised database I enclose the appropriate membership fee.
Membership Grade & Annual Fees (Age as at 31 October 2017):
- Senior Member: £ 39.50
- Student & Under 19: £ 23.00
- Under 11 (minimum age 8): £ 15.00
- Associate (non-running or second claim member): £ 10.00
- Family: £ 62.50 (option of 4 quarterly payments of £15.63 on standing order)
Joining Fee: £ 15.00 (New members only. Per person. Includes club vest)
Athletics Scholarship available: Any type membership is welcome to apply for club supported membership & coaching.
Please contact your bank to arrange a transfer of the membership fees. The club’s account details for payment:
- Reference: “Membership – your surname”
- Bank Account No.: 00255603
- Bank Sort Code: 30-13-50
For family memberships please complete the form below once for each person. Once you have done that and paid let the membership secretary know by e-mail (to email@example.com) that you have completed a family membership – indicating who those members are.
CLUB CODES OF PRACTICE CODE OF PRACTICE FOR ATHLETES
All members are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
• All members must compete within the rules of athletics.
• All members must respect coaches, officials and volunteers, and their decisions.
• All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all competitors, from within and outside the club, regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
• Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late. • Members must wear suitable kit for training and competition, as agreed with the coach/team manager.
• Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
• Junior members are not allowed to smoke or consume alcohol of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
• Members are not allowed to take drugs of any kind or any banned substance whilst representing the club or attending training sessions.
CODE OF PRACTICE FOR CLUB OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All volunteers must:
• Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with athletes and, where appropriate, their parents or carers, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Promote the positive aspects of our sport (e.g. fair play).
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the UK Athletics, England Athletics and White Horse Harriers Athletics Club.
• Where appropriate, hold relevant valid qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, rough play, the use of prohibited substances or inappropriate behaviour or language.
• Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
• Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
• Agree to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if they have not already been checked by UK Athletics for a coaching license or similar.
CODE OF PRACTICE FOR PARENTS AND CARERS
White Horse Harriers AC have adopted the following Code of Practice and expect all parents and carers to abide by the following Code:
• Encourage your child to learn the rules and compete within them.
• Discourage unfair behaviour and arguing with officials.
• Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
• Never force your child to take part in sport.
• Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
• Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
• Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
• Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their athletics.
• Use correct and proper language at all times.
• Encourage and guide athletes to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.