The Club welcomes any aspiring athlete aged ‘Year 6’ upwards. We offer competition and coaching for all ages regardless of ability.
- Structured training sessions for juniors and seniors
- One-to-one support developing personalized training plans
- Motivation to meet and join regular training runs
- Learning new routes around the area.
- We typically host 3-4 social events per year including a summer BBQ and a ‘Run to the Pub’.
- Our Facebook group is very active and especially helpful in arranging informal meet ups.
- Advice from other Harriers on your questions and how to solve your conundrums.
- Discounted rates from local sports shops – including Revolution Sports, Fit2Run and Up & Running.
- Club rate with local physiotherapist Revolution Sports Injury Clinic
- No charge to members for competing in the cross-country league and team races.
- England Athletics annual membership
Am I good enough to come along?
- If you can jog (however slowly) for about 30 minutes continuously, we’d recommend our Welcome group on Thursday nights, which aims to build up to 50 minutes over several weeks.
- If you can run for 45 minutes continuously (at whatever pace suits you) then you will comfortably be able to do one of the runs on offer.
- If you are an absolute beginner, we typically organize JogWantage a ten week ‘Couch to 5k’ course in the Spring.
JogWantage is an eight week ‘Couch to 5k’ course run every spring. It’s for beginners, aged 16 and over, who would like to start jogging to get fit, or just need a boost in confidence to return after a long absence. More info
How do I join?
If you are thinking about joining us please contact our membership secretary Vanessa Marment on email@example.com Vanessa will be happy to answer questions and introduce you to the coaches and Runleaders .
We’d recommend you try us out for a couple of weeks before deciding. Once you’re happy and have decide to join, please complete the membership form below and submit, together with your payment by bank transfer. Membership Form
We welcome any aspiring athlete aged ‘Year 7’ upwards. Juniors are welcomed on the first Thursday of the month. This gives the coaches time to talk to them and fit them into the training program.
If you are enquiring on behalf of your son or daughter we ask the parent to assist on the volunteer rota for the Thursday evenings training (which also gives you a chance to see what the juniors are doing).
The volunteers rota helps the qualified coaches provide a better quality training session for the juniors and we’re grateful to all the parents and friends of the Harriers who give their time.
Annual Membership Fees
|Family:||£62.50 (option of 4 quarterly payments of £15.63 on standing order)|
|Senior (19 & Over):||£39.50|
|Student & Under 19:||£23|
|Joining Fee (New Members Only) Includes WHH vest||£15|
The membership fees reflect the changes agreed at the 2017 EGM.
** Under 11 fee. No EA fee required or included.
Athletics Scholarship available:
- Any type membership is welcome to apply for club supported membership & coaching. Approval by WHH committee.
Club Welfare Officer:
Castel Fairlie is the Club’s Welfare Officer and is the first point of contact regarding any concerns relating to child welfare, she also advises the club on welfare & child protection issues.