Oxfordshire Junior League
We’re entering a Harriers junior team into the Oxfordshire Junior Track and Field League this 2017 summer season.
There are three fixtures planned this summer. Please pop the dates in your diary 🙂
|Match 1||Sunday 9th April 2017||Horspath Road Stadium, Oxford|
|Match 2||Sunday 9th July 2017||Horspath Road Stadium, Oxford|
|Match 3||Sunday 13th August 2017||North Oxfordshire Academy School, Drayton Road, Banbury|
Each competition will have a range of events for the competitors.
- For Under 9 & Under 11’s they have the ‘Quad Kids’ (inc 75m, 600m, Long Jump & Vortex)
- For U13’s, U15’s & U17, there are a range of events to choose from inc 100m, 200m, 800m, 1500m, Relay, Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump, Discus, Javelin & Shot Putt to choose from.
A timetable of events here
We will need parent/helpers at each of the fixtures to help out the organizers with things like Long Jump, etc. Please can you let us know if you’re able to help out, as it’ll make your afternoon as a spectator much more interesting.
More details of the events, timings, etc can be found at the OJL website.
Please contact email@example.com to register for the team, ask any questions and volunteers to help on the day.
Open Graded Meetings
If you haven’t run on the track since school, Open Graded meetings are a fantastic (re)introduction to Track & Field.
Athletes estimated their finish time when they enter. Each distance race (100m, 400m, etc) may have four or five different races. Athletes of a similar finish time are grouped together in a race. For example, the first 1500m may be runners with estimated finish times between 5m.40s – 6m.20sec, so you compete with runners of a similar pace.
As races are based on pace, not age or gender, everyone has enjoyed the novelty of mixing it up with the juniors and seniors.
- Wed 19th July. (Evening). Prince of Wales Stadium, Cheltenham. Click here for details
- Sat 29th July. (Afternoon). Iffley Road Stadium, Oxford. Click here for details
- Wed 16th Aug. (Evening) Horspath, Oxford. Please click here for details The Oxford City Open Graded Meetings
Please note the Opens Graded meetings require you to enter individually. You’ll find entries forms on the links above.
If you are intrigued, but nervous, you’ll be in good company! Please talk to the RunLeaders & Coaches who are keen to put together a ‘try-out’ as a confidence builder. If you have questions about how it works or estimating your expected time, please join the conversation on our FB page.
You may find this race time predictor useful. Click here
The competitive juniors will attend nominated ‘Open Meeting’ with coach, Tom King.
Men & Women vets (over 35) have the opportunity to compete in the local Veterans Athletics League. This is a series of four fixtures on Monday evenings and has events for over-50s as well as over-35s. The dates for the 2017 series are:
- Match 1 – Monday May 1st, Horspath, Oxford
- Match 2 – Monday May 15th, Horspath, Oxford
- Match 3 – Monday June 5th, Bracknell
- Match 4 – Monday July 3rd, Tilsley Park